• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cabin rental...

Bdiddy11

NAXJA Forum User
So I'm getting married on March 23rd and our plans to go to Vegas for a honeymoon are going to wait till later (my fiance's sister is giving us part of a packaged trip they won last year) so instead we are looking into getting a cabin for a week or so... anyone know a good cheap cabin to rent for a week or so in the NW area? Would be better if it were in Idaho... so if you can help, lemme know! Thanks!

They are over by Crescent Lake.... No way I'm ever staying anywhere near there!

I'd head up to McCall or even Grangeville for a nice weekend beautiful drive Northfrom Boise.

Congrats!

Bdiddy11 said:
So I'm getting married on March 23rd and our plans to go to Vegas for a honeymoon are going to wait till later (my fiance's sister is giving us part of a packaged trip they won last year) so instead we are looking into getting a cabin for a week or so... anyone know a good cheap cabin to rent for a week or so in the NW area? Would be better if it were in Idaho... so if you can help, lemme know! Thanks!

Send an email to Mike at [email protected] .

He's a Fly Fishing guide in the Lewiston/Clarkston area and might know of some local cabins on the Clearwater, Grand Ronde, Salmon, or Snake river(s). BEEEEEEa-utiful country in the spring there. Worth looking at!

You might even ask him about a guided Float Fishing Trip out of him! Most relaxing week I've had in a LONG time.

me and the old lady stayed in a cabin on the skykomish river, it was in the town of baring, about 20 miles west of stevens pass. just google "skycabins whispering waters" baring, it was cool. awesome steelhead/salmon fishing right in the backyard, reiter pits are close too if you make a wheeling/fishing/hiking trip out of it.

Metal Thrasher said:
I'd head up to McCall or even Grangeville for a nice weekend beautiful drive Northfrom Boise.
Congrats!

McCall is awesome. iTs a great little town tons of snow in the winter. Been to Multiple ski races there definitely lots of places to rent in the winter probably more in the spring/summer

Whistlin Jacks' is worth checking out. Give it a good read over. They got some cool stuff like private cabins, lots of places to go, stuff to see, ect.. Beautiful place over there, IMO. If you go in a few months, there will probably be no snow at the lodges. Dont know for sure though.

http://www.whistlinjacklodge.com

It is near where all the wheelin is at too.

check out the wallowa mt's. eastern oregon, idaho border. i beleive Joseph is the closest town, or enterprize. beautiful country, they call is the lil swiss alps. went there on our honeymoon 9 yrs ago, reasonable prices and like i said...beautiful country!

Thanks for the replies. I've been looking at some stuff in McCall. It is indeed gorgeous up there... expensive too. We are both semi poor college students. But we just found out / remembered yesterday that her neighbor has a cabin... we think... not sure where, maybe Stanley. So we're going to find out. I love Oregon... Lived there for 11 years. Still go back to visit my grandma who lives in Salem and we always go to the coast, Lincoln City etc... and eat at Izzy's... oh man I love that place! Also visit Silver Falls.. I grew up kinda close to there. But anywho, thanks again =) I'm just glad my fiance is outdoorsy otherwise the whole cabin thing prolly wouldn't go down so well with her. And she loves to go wheelin' ... man I scored:clap:

Back