• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

JOHNSON VALLEY MARCH 16-18

Skwerly

NAXJA Forum User
Hello fellow Off-Road lovers! I was digging deep into threads and saw that there is a big weekend down at Johnson Valley over St. Patrick's Day, about 25 miles outside Barstow from what I understand. I WILL be lifted and locked by then (probably only on 31s but it's all good), so I plan on going out and camping and having a good ole time with my girlfriend, hitting some trails and watching the carnage. Just a heads up for all you guys and gals looking to scratch the Irish itch and love Jeeps, beer and campfire stories! I'll be in the red '88 limited with gold wheels and a dorky looking Pep-Boys cloth bag on top. If you see me out there say hi! I will literally know nobody, but i'm pretty good at warming up after a six-pak :laugh3:.

St. Patricks day?
You gotta' be kidding me. Those jerks that go out there on that weekend are a bunch of drunks! I hear say that they do night runs and don't bring spare parts.
There is one story about this idiot who went with his 'friends' up Clawhammer late one friday night and didn't get his Heep off the trail until late the NEXT day.
IDIOTS I tell you .....ALL idiots!
;)

Rick

Jump This said:
There is one story about this idiot who went with his 'friends' up Clawhammer late one friday night and didn't get his Heep off the trail until late the NEXT day.

I offered to get that guy a sleeping bag from camp...

:D

--ron

Jump This said:
St. Patricks day?
You gotta' be kidding me. Those jerks that go out there on that weekend are a bunch of drunks! I hear say that they do night runs and don't bring spare parts.
IDIOTS I tell you .....ALL idiots!
;)

Rick

:rof::rof::rof:

Rick.. Aren't you going??

Skwerly, it'll be fun.. The first time I went to the SoCalXJ Jambo, I didn't know ANYONE.. It's a cool group of drunks... I mean people.. :shhh:

Elias

Alright then... I'll be there with my video camera... Just give me a warning ahead of time so I can get it all on tape.. :D

Elias
Eh-lee-us

LAT 34°24'52.3" LONG -116°28'27.8"

Skwerly said:
Haha I mapquested it as well, looks like it'll get me within 10 miles of the actual place, I hope the even is big enough that I'll have few problems finding everyone lol!

Its not a hard place to find. Use Google Earth with the coords and that will put you right on top of our normal camp spot (I think?).
The closer we get to it the more posts will sent the easier it will to find.
Check out SoCalXJ.com.
Rick

Ok, great haha. I now know for sure i'll be there, but not if i will be lifted or not lol. i have some cash coming in, but it may not get here in time. either way, i'll have enough beer for a small army, and not enough fuel to get home :laugh3:. always works that way with me.

FYI for those that are PC... Drivers don't actually drink on the trail. Its not as big of a drunk fest as one may assume but it sure is a damn good time.
But please leave the Ufkcing shotguns at home.
It will be alot of fun. The Friday night run up Clawhammer is allways a blast, if we can even get to the trail... Ron...
As for the day run's. we nail a couple of them. Claw, Aftershock, Sledge or Jack. whatever we are in the mood to run and the volunteer leaders want to lead.
I'd expect Capt to have maybe at least 2 Kegs of homebrew. I'm guessing a red and a pale? As for me, I still have 2-3 gallons of Porter on tap. Behind me in secondary is a batch of Irish Red with honey and the Cream Ale. Suppose to be brewing the Hibiscus Ale today but not enough time so maybe tomorrow. Won't get as much time in secondary but it'll get enough to clear up and taste Yummy. Oh and that Hibiscus is using 18# of grain. In other words, 8-9%... So hang the F'ck on. Don't bring beer, just your own drinking vessel. Donate a bag of ice if ya got an extra one to keep all the beer cold.
Bring your money for the Raffle. Last year that group raised a measly $1500 for FOPV. The Raffle should be bigger this year. Sorry, no D44's to give away but the Vendors are chipin in. Things like a set of gears and Master install kit from Randy's, and an un-godly amount of items from Directed Electronics. More to come. Prizes allready valued at over $1500 and the list is growing.
And I will have a limited # of shirts, hats, beanies, hoodies and even a G-string with the SocalXJ logo ebroidered on it.
This is not a NAXJA sponsored event but all are welcome. Even TJ's YJ's Toys and whatevers... And the campfire party is allways great.

well im looking forward to it...... just trying to get my junk a little better prepared than it was for my first JV experience a few weeks ago!

Start saving those Sobe bottles and caps.:flame:

I've got my wife drinking Sobe's so that I will have enough. Think a case is enough?

get some mickey's widemouths too just to see the difference if any.

I have a feeling that I wont be able to make it. money's tight and I need to actually spend money on something that doesn't relate to the heap.

djblade311 said:
I have a feeling that I wont be able to make it. money's tight and I need to actually spend money on something that doesn't relate to the heap.

I hear you...

Priorities kind of get in the way sometimes....

This is how I justify it.. It doesn't cost any extra in food because I have to eat anyway. I buy cheap and easy stuff to cook. I have almost everything I need to camp, so, no out-of pocket money there.. The only extra expense I pay out-of-pocket is for gas, which is usually only a tank and a half.. On top of that, I can write that off as a business expense because I'm shooting footage for Off-Roading DVD's .. :D

So, when my other half ask, "Why do you HAVE to go off-raoding so much?"
I respond with, "It's a business event" :geek:
Usually, that's the end of the conversation... ...

Eventually, I need to start breaking even.. :callme:

Elias
Eh-lee-us

Back