• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Torque converter??

87woodyXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Well I was driving and it was having no issue and then i went to leave from a light and it would rev but felt like it just wasnt "hooking up" and it would be crawling forward at 3k RPM's.. and then it stopped and was overheating around 210 and it dropped oil (and it was rainbow colored like motor oil not ATF) and then I came back later to pick it up and it drove fine again for about another 10 miles or so and then the same thing happened..

And after letting it sit for the weekend I let it sit and idle for 20min and then drive it around the block a few times and then let it sit again and now it drives like nothing ever happened. :looney: im at a loss..

thanks
K.S

A seal that is going bad will cause what you say. The bad thing is that it eats up your clutch packs, hence the black fluid.

Sounds like time to start looking for a replacement.

old_man said:
A seal that is going bad will cause what you say. The bad thing is that it eats up your clutch packs, hence the black fluid.

Sounds like time to start looking for a replacement.

what seal are you talking about? the trans seal against the block and trans or what? What exactly is it thats going bad? Should I be trying to find a replacment trans or ?...

thanks for the response,
K.S

It's an internal seal, gotten to only during a complete teardown. Yes, start looking.

Back