• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Bilstein 5150s/OME shock combo, am i crazy?

HeavyMetal

NAXJA Forum User
So im lookin to shake things up a bit in my setup. i was planning on just running 5150s all around and being done with it next month when i get my new setup(TNT upgrade susp and all that), but after seeing some people mix and match i thought id toy with the idea.

i have DT3000s on my RE4.5 right now...im basically looking for a real quality road ride and of course good control off-road as i do both a lot, but it is my DD in the end.

Would it benefit me at all running 5150s in front and OMEs in the back, to possibly get the best of both worlds? anyone with any kind of experience with both shocks? or even just 1 of them, just lookin for general shock feedback concerning these 2. i know i know, Search. but i didnt come up with any mix and match threads like what im considering. i know 53guy runs 5125s out back which is what got me interested in this to begin with

Last edited:
Dude, I'm running 5150's front and rear only because I paid $99 ea. They are just fine however,

I suggested my brother run 5100's in the rear and whatever he wanted in the front. He went with he 7100's front and he's happy, said it made all the difference over the RK shocks.

To be honest, save the money in the rear and spend it up front!

sounds good to me, id like the 5150's although to me they are more then our rigs need for fwhat they are designed for. washboard ect.. remote res is to help keep the shocks cool. some are harder then others or run faster then others... Jeep speed or Baja, or washboard roads.. they simply loook so awesome they cant not be bling [good] to me. its just that some say its uneeded and tha you could run 5100 all around.

Ill get the 5150 front and 5100 rear at some point.

Right now ill go with the RE monotubes by edelbrock. cheaper
then i will go all 5100's or the 5150/5100 route..

I have 5150s front and 5125s rear and it rides good, looking for new rear shocks again tho due to not proper bumpstopping and the shock bodies were too long. Pulled the boots off em the other day and dumped all the oil. I was thinking OME rears, but am kinda short on cash. Love the 5150s tho-

Back