• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

D44 Spool - 3.55 gears???

KSXJ

NAXJA Forum User
I am looking for a spool for my d44 that came out an XJ. The problem I am having is finding one that will fit 3.55 gears. Yeah I know I need to regear, but the money isn't there for that right now. Basically my trak-loc is trashed and instead of spending money to repair it, to just have it go out again, I am looking to spool it. Its not a DD so I am not worried about how it will drive with it in, so we don't need to go there. Just need some help finding one that will work with 3.55 gears.
Thanks in advance.

How about a mini-spool? Looks like a solid Lock-Rite, Reider Racing used to sell them, I'm sure some other companies do.

Not sure if it'll drop into a Trac-Loc carrier or not.

KSXJ said:
I like the idea of a spool better. If I do brake an axle, it will still operate.
I don't understand what you mean by it will still operate if you break it? Welding works great if you just weld between the spider teeth in a few places the weld cracks when you use it but this is good becouse it still stays locked and it all comes out for disasemmbly. I'm a big fan of welding for a trail rig on a budjet.

Back