• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

how loud is your lock right ?

chrslefty

NAXJA Forum User
well mine is as loud as all getup. stright line is fine but when i take a corner and apply some gas it goes KAPOW KAPOW !!

anyone else experance this ?

its a 8.25 ,4.56 sye

Is it new? If so give it some time to break in. JIM.

Mine is quite a bit louder than my EZ Locker was as far as the "ratcheting" sound goes.The loud "bang" noise from loading/unloading is much less frequent than the EZ Locker was.

I don't think I have ever heard mine. Not even the slightest click. It is on a Disco'd 30 with 33's & 4.88's. Quiet on and off the trail. about 4 years old, not a DD.

mine was in the axel when i got it .it sat for a while so it just may need some time . i know that they would be loud but damn !are you useing a paticular type of gear oil ?

I've noticed that recently my EZ locker has started to click much harder and frequently. It would orgionally only ratchet on major turns as slow speeds. but now going straight It will slip and bang! and then higher speeds on a bend in the road it will slip.
Is that supposed to happen? what should I do? Its making me amd and my girlfriend hates it.
-Matt

Back