• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Oil filter adapter part numbers

Jeepsloth

Gort like Jeep
Oil Filter adapter
O rings
Part numbers

1-04720363

3 o-ring kit part number I bought from the dealer for my 95 ($5.94)

Jeepsloth said:
Oil Filter adapter
O rings
Part numbers

1-04720363

3 o-ring kit part number I bought from the dealer for my 95 ($5.94)

Yep that is the one.

I fixed my last about 2 months ago, it was well worth.

Too bad the rear main will not be as easy to fix as the oil filter adapter. :(

HUH I only paid $3.98 at the dealership; same part number.

moparmatt said:
HUH I only paid $3.98 at the dealership; same part number.

X2. I mean it's only about $2 more but still...you have to wonder...

well they do call em stealerships :)
I try not to source my parts from the dealer but sometimes it's not worth the hassle and I cave in.

Oh yeah the part number for the crankcase vent elbow at the front of the valve cover is 53030497. That elbow cost me $7.43!!

according to my understanding prices at dealerships vary based upon how much profit that location has made/is able to make/the demand and the amount of profit that have already made off shop labor and car sales.

just a reminder the Renix uses 2 of the same o-rings as the HO.....but one is diffrent. Make sure you get the right kit. I don't have the part #'s handy, but when I find them, I will post them.

rag said:
according to my understanding prices at dealerships vary based upon how much profit that location has made/is able to make/the demand and the amount of profit that have already made off shop labor and car sales.
Different dealers charge different prices for the same part number. Here in Missoula, MT, we have only one Jeep dealer. They have no competition, so they charge MORE than the MSRP.

An excellent source for dealer parts is http://allchryslerparts.com/ That's a dealership that put their parts online. I've looked around and they have the cheapest prices. You can search their online catalogue, and they list MSRP and their own price, which is almost always less than MSRP. And they ship anywhere.

I bought my temp sender from them after the Niehoff aftermarket sender was totally off. The guy I talked to on the phone was real friendly and helpful. I asked him to ship the little part by Post Office instead of UPS to save about $8.00, and he agreed. He ended up sending it UPS and charged me nothing for shipping.

Back