• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

what is it...?

slabelle67

NAXJA Forum User
1989 cherokee laredo 4.0ltr auto tranny. under the rear seat driver side is a aluminum thin box with electrical going to it. trying to figure out what its for...?

lol....no not an amp, could be some sort of tracking device from my girlfriend..:eek: i will get a pic of it here in a bit. have never seen anything like it before...

No, they were "available" back in the RENIX days. I believe that there is even a "liftime" federal gov't. forced warranty on the stupid thing. Anybody have better info on that?

ren said:
No, they were "available" back in the RENIX days. I believe that there is even a "liftime" federal gov't. forced warranty on the stupid thing. Anybody have better info on that?

Having a defunct Bendix system myself, I was told that the lifetime warranty isn't on all parts, but the pump should be covered which is a vital part of the system. It's often the accumulator that fails (which then causes the pump to fail b/c it has to constantly run) and someone told me that the acc. wasn't covered. Makes perfect sense right?!? :confused: Of course this is all coming from here - not a Jeep dealership - had no intention on keeping the system, so I never bothered. I heard that the acc. was only $100, but I decided to rip the whole system out and swap w/ the newer double diaphragm type from a '96. I heard the system out of newer Grands works too. I actually did my swap today, but was battling the rain, so I lost quite a bit of time and didn't get around to bleeding the system, but that'll come on Sat.

Back