• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

D30 6 Lug Conversion?

WholeLottaXJ

NAXJA Forum User
I've searched and came up dry. Is there any way to get the D30 to a 6x5.5 pattern. Or to get an Isuzu 12 bolt to 5x4.5? This is the last hurdle in stopping me from picking up that axle. If all else fails I guess I can run two different rims and deal with it.

The problem with custom axleshafts, is the necessary mods to the brake components to make it work. D44 outers won't work on a XJ D30 without removing and rewelding CJ D30 inner knuckles - too much effort for the result. If the Isuzu 12 bolt is narrower, and I bet it is, I would go the spacer/adapter route. Since you are adapting from a 5.5" circle to a 4.5" circle, you shouldn't have any overlap and should be able to get a sturdy one peice adapter - I have used performancewheel.com and been pleased with their spacers.

That would be all you have to have swapped.

You may not have to have custom shafts made. Call Alloy-USA and tell them what your trying to do, they may have an axle in stock already, but I'm sure either way can tell you exactly what axle you need.

P: 866-35-ALLOY (352-5569) Ext # 2

A D30 axle shaft does not have a bolt pattern, it has a spline pattern. What has the bolt pattern is the unit bearing and rotor.

Back