• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Daystar Control Arm Bushings

xjh3

NAXJA Forum User
Got some control arm bushings from Daystar to put in and get rid of the clunking in the front end. But, I lost the directions and I don't know what I'm gonna have to do with all the rings that came with them, maybe it will be more obvious once I go to do it? I don't know.

Anway, if anyone has done this and can explain to me how they go, or even better show me pictures, or even better than that in someway that is compliant with the forum rules get me a copy of the directions (since Daystar wasn't much help with that) that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Bushings? Just match them up with the ones that fit. Lower or upper arms? Front or back or the arm? You'll probably have to tap them in with a hammer, but lube them up and you'll be fine. They're really very simple and obvious when you get the old bushings out.

I just got done putting these in my XJ last weekend.

1=Upper Front
2=Lower Front
3=Upper Rear
4=Lower Rear

1=M02410
2=M02409
3=M02411
4=M02415

For command track front axle, right side upper at axle, use M02412

It wasn't too hard to figure out where the Thrust Washers went. It is pretty much strait forward. If you need any more information, just let me know. I have the instructions right in front of me.

Thanks ajporter03, I was mainly concerned that I was missing a thrust washer as I had 9 and I it seemed strange to me that there would be an odd number of them, but it sounds like one may be different depending on which 4x4 system you have.

Thanks a ton!

BTW, how do you like them? are they real squeeky like everyone says? did you tap some grease fittings in to prevent the noise?

I love my new bushings. I really should have done it sooner. I didn't tap for grease fittings, but I did put an ample amount on during instalation. They haven't squeeked yet. They did make a huge improvement in the way that it rides and drives. The only downside that I can see so far is that it lets more of the vibration from the road through. I can feel it more on the floor as well as the steering wheel. But it wasn't bad, just noticable.

Back