• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

8.8 Swapped into '97, ABS Light?

Everythingoutdoors

NAXJA Forum User
Read many threads on this, I'm not interested in modifying my XJ tone ring to fit on the 8.8. Curious if anyone knows why you can't make the XJ system hook into the Ford sensor coming out of the pumpkin?

Also, if I can't trick the ABS light to go out, any suggestions other than pulling the dash apart to remove the bulb?

Pull the ABS relay in the PDC under the hood (black plastic box).

Light will then be off forever and system will be disabled.

Keep the relay as a spare for troublshooting other relays in the PDC that match that one.

Everythingoutdoors said:
Read many threads on this, I'm not interested in modifying my XJ tone ring to fit on the 8.8. Curious if anyone knows why you can't make the XJ system hook into the Ford sensor coming out of the pumpkin?

I seem to remember that there was a thread on here a while back detailing how to make this work. IIRC, the Ford tone ring had 108 teeth, whereas the XJ ones used 54. Whoever it was that did it just ground off every other tooth on the Ford ring, then set the ABS sensors on the pumpkin 180 degrees apart.

Back