• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rims and lift.

Silent

NAXJA Forum User
My question is this. What is the minimum lift I need to fit the rubicon moab rims on my XJ. I have a stock suspension, 2wd.

Thanks,
Silent

2wd, 4wd doesn't really matter clearance wise. It does matter in that you probably don't do any heavy offroading.....ie. you aren;t flexing it alot, and your swaybars are still connected.

With that assumption, 2" budget boost.

Could you expound on heavy. If you mean rock crawling and mudding, no I will not. As I do not have a 4wd. Wish I did, but unfortunately no. Anyhow, what is a good lift to go with in that category, and should I get new coils or go with the spacers? Also, are the lugs patterns the same for the rubicon moabs, or is there something I need to do different.

Thanks,
Silent

Silent said:
Could you expound on heavy. If you mean rock crawling and mudding, no I will not. As I do not have a 4wd. Wish I did, but unfortunately no. Anyhow, what is a good lift to go with in that category, and should I get new coils or go with the spacers? Also, are the lugs patterns the same for the rubicon moabs, or is there something I need to do different.

Thanks,
Silent

I mean rocks, mud, and high speed 'pre-running' style activities.

Search budget boost, BB, homebrew lift, so on.... alot of options to get you 2-3 cheap and easy. Otherwise hit some of the popular lift manufactures mentioned in threads here and buy a complete lift.

As far as lug patterns, they are bolt on.

Uhmmm ... none. Why would you need a lift to fit 16" wheels instead of 15"? Or did you mean the tires off a Rubicon as well?

They are stock wheels .. you don't need any lift, if you put a stock size tire on them. If you want to run the 31's that come on the rubicons as well, you're looking at 2-3 inches of lift.

I was not sure, it is hard to find a full set without the MT/R's still on them. But, I was wondering about the lift, because if I got the tires too, I think it would look a little better. Also, on the lift. What is everyones opinion on the best BB for your money?

Thanks,
James

Shackles and spacers are pretty much the same everywhere. Daystar, RE, etc.

Back