• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Winter @ Winterfest

LBEXJ

NAXJA Member #721
I don't care if it's 80 freakin' degrees this coming weekend, I've had my Winterfest. This weekend, I dug my pickup and trailer out of about 12" of snow with a 2" layer of ice in between. I've had to take a coal shovel and break up the frozen snow and ice, then shovel it off. Took all day Saturday to get things open where the pickup could even move. This morning, I broke up all the snow the snow plow deposited at the bottom of my drive (I live on the side of a hill). I had to use the Jeep just to pull the trailer off the top of the hill, and it struggled some pulling it through the snow and ice.

I had no problems getting around all week in this crap ... I just drove my Jeep. But working 10 hours per day, I've had no time to clean things up here. I've shoveled more this weekend then I've done the past 15 years. This old man is tired!

I hope it's nice and warm this coming weekend.

Les

seanR said:
live, remote, from Steelville Mo, via verizon wreless.
it is NICE here
55 today, 60 for the weekend.

Enjoy your piece and quiet before all of us craizies show up.

Hale

Haleyes said:
Enjoy your piece and quiet before all of us craizies show up.

Hale
I'm sure he's enjoying his "piece." :laugh: Hi, Laura!

Now, peace, OTOH.....

well...

ive been wearing t-shirts all day, every day since late Jan...

im going to pull out the shorts soon...

seanR said:
live, remote, from Steelville Mo, via verizon wreless.
it is NICE here
55 today, 60 for the weekend.

You didn't stop by! I am deeply insulted.:bawl:

LBEXJ said:
I don't care if it's 80 freakin' degrees this coming weekend, I've had my Winterfest. This weekend, I dug my pickup and trailer out of about 12" of snow with a 2" layer of ice in between. I've had to take a coal shovel and break up the frozen snow and ice, then shovel it off. Took all day Saturday to get things open where the pickup could even move. This morning, I broke up all the snow the snow plow deposited at the bottom of my drive (I live on the side of a hill). I had to use the Jeep just to pull the trailer off the top of the hill, and it struggled some pulling it through the snow and ice.

I had no problems getting around all week in this crap ... I just drove my Jeep. But working 10 hours per day, I've had no time to clean things up here. I've shoveled more this weekend then I've done the past 15 years. This old man is tired!

I hope it's nice and warm this coming weekend.

Les

Should have waited another day it would have melted by then.

We had 4-6 inches one day and none the next.

I realize we got about 1/3 of what you got though.

Dirk Pitt said:
Should have waited another day it would have melted by then.

We had 4-6 inches one day and none the next.

I realize we got about 1/3 of what you got though.

I still have about 4" of slushy ice on my drive. It's a north facing slope roughly 100' long.

Where the trailer was parked is still about 6" of snow. It's meltin' though ... just taking a while.

I had to do something ... needed to get the truck and trailer dug out and ready for this trip.

Les

Back