• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

electrical anomaly

CrankyYankee

NAXJA Forum User
Greetings, My 2000 XJ just rolled 80,000 miles and has developed an annoying electrical glitch. Whenever I press the brake pedal, my rear window wiper goes through it's wash cycle. It dosen't squirt any washer fluid, just "does it's thing" with the switch in the "off" position. The wiper works normally when the switch is in the "on" position. :dunno: It is more annoying than anything, so when I get some time I will start tracing wires. I was just wondering if anyone out there has been down this road before and could provide some insight.:helpme: Thanks in advance. -G-

thats a good one... ive never read about that b-4 but i suppose the obvious would be to look at your third brake light wiring in the rear door

kennzz05 said:
thats a good one... ive never read about that b-4 but i suppose the obvious would be to look at your third brake light wiring in the rear door

i would have to concur. i would check were the wires run together at a pivot point, like the rear hatch. you may have very well rubbed and chaffed wires to were they are touching at that point and the wiper does it things. usually they have a short to ground, but i can see where this could happen

Back