• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

check engine light the fathers 01xj

87baseomatic

NAXJA Forum User
Pulled 3 codes
p0441, p0445 and p1494

evap purge flow incorrect, large evap leak detected and evap control system 2 incorrect purge flow.

Any ideas, stock 2001 with 65k on the clock, it feels slightly down on power from what it normally is too.

for the 0441, try replacing the gas cap, for the 445 try changing the pcv valve and for the 1494 check all vaccuum lines under the hood... could be craked or just off the fitting

I thought the gas cap for 0441. I originally only pulled 0441 and 1494. I cranked on the cap and cleared the codes and they were good for a week. Then they came back so I poked around the engine back to see if any of the evap lines were clogged or cracked. That when the 0445 code popped up. We have an evap smoke test maching at my work but I dont have any attachments to hook it up to a jeep, only vw/audi.

Side note, my father says on occasion he gets a fuel vapor smell, So a new gas cap is on the way, I think a line may be disconnected down near the leak detection pump.

There is a short, soft rubber adapter on a vac line located at the bottom of the firewall (engine side) on the drivers side. Check them out for cracks. I replaced that section (less than 4" ) with about $0.03 worth of tube from the local part store. (FYI I was getting the same progression of CEL codes).

Back