• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2" lift: go with 31's or 32's???

lllkklkklll

NAXJA Forum User
Yep.. 2" lift. Was thinking Id like 32's for the increased footprint and whatnot... but, my braking is already pretty crappy with 31's so i wonder how much worse 32's would be... also, i dont want to lose any flex...

oh, they will be on 3.5-4" offset wheels..

31's on stock wheels or on 4.75" backspacing. 3.5" and 4" will push them out to far and will rub on the flares. If you plan on cutting you could go with 32's but again I wouldn't go with any less backspacing than 4.75-4.5" if you want to try and keep the tyres within the flares (or at least close to it). I also run a big brake kit on the front with dual piston calipers, oversized vented and slotted discs. Stopping is no problem for me.

Here's mine with 4.75" backspacing, 15X8 wheel, 32" Maxxis Bighorns and 4" lift in the front 5" in the rear.

Wheels_020_nonum.jpg

Wheels_014_nonum.jpg

Cheers
Steve

Do you rub your control arms at full lock with that backspacing?

Steve F said:
Here's mine with 4.75" backspacing, 15X8 wheel, 32" Maxxis Bighorns and 4" lift in the front 5" in the rear.
Cheers
Steve

From what I have read and been made to understand 31's are really as large as you can get with only 2 inchs of lift without having some rub issues or other issues.

Back