• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

In Need of Water Outlet/T-Stat Housing

Monkey55

NAXJA Forum User
I did a numbnuts move this evening... I replaced the t-stat and while tightening the water outlet bolts....... DOH!!! I cracked the housing...

So far, the earliest I can get it is Wednesday from Autozone...

Anyone have one laying around?? It's a cheap part, but I'm guessing that the dealership will be closed on Monday due to the holiday....

I have a 99 with a 4.0L...

errrrrrrrrrrrrrr.... :banghead:

Elias
AKA Eh-lee-us

I have a renix one sitting here. If its the same, its all you.

Nice move!!! Whats next, tighten a lug nut and break the stud?? I don't have one and am no help but just here to say "HAHA".

You riding tomorrow?

EliasJ123 said:
Clean-RC

It looks like they are the same part.. What city are you in??

Thanks,
Elias

He is in Huntington Beach... not too far from you....

Hey Elias I just did the samething right before I left. I used some JB weld on it, help really good for the week that it took me to get a new one. The way I did mine was to put JB on both sides then I had my wife take her hair drier to it to help it set. HTH

On a side note looking forward to wheeling again when I get back. Take care guys

EliasJ123 said:
Clean-RC

It looks like they are the same part.. What city are you in??

Thanks,
Elias

Well now I fee like an idiot... I just looked where it has been for the last few years in my tool cart, and its not there.. Sorry for getting your hopes up...

EliasJ123 said:
I'm guessing that the dealership will be closed on Monday due to the holiday....

Yah right, no dealer I know would be closed. We only get the manditory days New Years Day, Labor Day, 4th July, Memorial Day, Thanksgiving, and Christmas.

91-01 are the same. You can also go to Turbo City in Anaheim for a new ported one too.

i have a 99 one in my garage somewhere. Gimme a call if you need it

Josh... I think I'll take you up on it...

Mike... What are the benifits of a ported water outlet?? More coolant flow.... ???

Clean-RC.. No problem... That happens to me alot.. Then I find things 6 months later...

HomeBoy.. I mean Homebrew.. :) I thought about JB Welb... But I just didn't want to chance it...

Thanks,
Elias

I'm running the Turbo City tstat housing. Its better ported for more unrestricted flow.

EliasJ123 said:
Mike... What are the benifits of a ported water outlet?? More coolant flow.... ???

Supposeadly. I can get you a OE one tomorrow for $10.50 if you call me and come by work in Irvine it shows we have 2 in stock. (949)283-1332 cell.

Sounds Good.. I'm just trying to figure out if I should get a ported one since you guys brought it up.....

:confused1

Elias

Elias,

I got a stock one off my 95 that you can have. I'm in Lakewood. I believe we're close.

Let me know.

Kyung

corbinafly said:
Elias,

I got a stock one off my 95 that you can have. I'm in Lakewood. I believe we're close.

Let me know.

Kyung

DING DING DING DING!!!!!! We have a winner.... :party:

We are VERY CLOSE........ I'm Lakewood too...

When can I pick it up?? I'm near Belflower & South St..

Elias

Back