• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How does the Shifter boot go on the bezel???

black2door

NAXJA Forum User
Like it says,for those of you with 5spds how does this ..............
DSC00850.jpg

go on this..........
DSC00851.jpg

does it wrap around it? because I cant get mine to stretch around. Am I missing a part? THANKS :eeks1: :eeks1:

The boot slides over the lip on the center console. You can then slip the trim piece over the the rubber boot covering the lip to hold it in place. I might be wrong but that was how l remember fixing mine....kind regards

The edges of the boot go over that black plastic piece, all the way around. Then the black piece has two very small pieces like hooks or clips at the top and bottom. Angle the bottom first then the top , you have to use a little preasure at the top, pushing back toward the rear, for it to go in. When you let go it holds under pressure. You can adjust the boot down if it slips out by just pressing down along the edges after its in.

I cant get it to go all the way around on one side going short ways. Does it go over the rounded edge? I also dont see any clips on the bezel peice. THANKS

my experience comes from a mini console MJ but its relatively the same.

that black plastic rectangle goes into the boot. Then so just gently push the boot and plastic retainer (with retainer in the boot) into the console.

Back