• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

'92 Keyless Entry Remote Question...

RWD

NAXJA Forum User
I bought a '92 XJ for my daughter (I have a '97 with a Rubicon 3.5 Superflex) and she would like the keyless entry remote if possible. It is a Laredo and it has the overhead console with the little black half round ball towards the back of the console. Does this mean that I can buy an IR remote and get it to work? In my searching on the forum It appears that early '92 did not have remote entry and later did. Thanks for any input you can provide. Later, Bob

Yep, this would mean you do have IR keyless capability however the older XJ receiver boards tend to get a little finicky with age. You can purchase an IR fob, program it and it may work just fine... or not.
I'd say your best bet would be to go with an aftermarket RF unit (most come with alarms or remote start). Just wire it into your power door locks and you'll have a much more reliable system and a lot longer range with the RF vs IR. :thumbup:

Back