• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Funny SYE Story

M4Madness

NAXJA Forum User
Well, it wasn't funny at the time, but it is now. :gee:

Yesterday evening after work, a friend and I started the SYE and driveshaft install on my '96 XJ in his coworker's garage. The project started off with a minor delay, as I'd forgotten to bring my ATF and Permatex. I had to drive all the way back home to retrieve them.

We finally got everything assembled, and my buddy says, "Hey, we forgot to install the mode spring!" I about died right there, as it was getting late and I was scheduled to work early this morning. It was lying on the garage floor right under the Jeep. The bad part of it is that the instruction sheet clearly had a photo of this step with an arrow pointing to the spring, saying to make sure to install it. We had to tear it all back down to install it, and had more trouble getting it back together the second time around than the first.

On a positive note, my vibrations have disappeared. :D

That's hilarious.

Hale

:laugh: :rof: :laugh: :rof: :laugh: :rof: :laugh: :rof: :laugh: :rof: :laugh: :rof: :laugh: :rof:

Back