• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Sylvania Silverstar Upgrade?

Cherokeekid88

NAXJA Forum User
i have a set of the silverstars and thy are def brighter than stock but not bright enough. I have to travel down dark roads and its a pain turning my brights on and off so are there any brighter bulbs i can buy that are any good??

there have been a few good posts lately about some headlights f/s on ebay made by autopal. they have a very sharp cut off and aren't sealed beams so you can do a h4 conversion. you could also go the route of buying upgraded harnesses. those would improve your current setup, or any new one. search around here or go to gojeep's website and read up.

Oh man, yeah, don't get me started about the H4 Euro conversions....

I just did and I cannot believe it!!!!! I had the Silverstars, loved them. But once I got these on, it was a night and day difference (pun intended!)

Total cost was about $50 INCLUDING the parts to upgrade the harness. I went with the eBay AutoPal E Code H4 housings with 90w/100w bulbs. Dual 40 amp relays, 10 gauge cable. Absolutely amazing.

I really like my SS's while they worked. There life was very short, didn't last very long at all. I have since swapped in some GE long life somethingorothers.

I followed GoJeep's harness writeup and it was a big improvement. I'd definitely recommend doing that.

Hale

Back