• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

quick question

familyfun

NAXJA Forum User
i have a 00 xj with the aw4 trans i want to install a sye. my hanes manual says that you have to remove he trans to remove the t-case, is this true or can i simply unbolt the t-case? or can i do the sye without removeing the t-case? all advice will be welcome.

You can do a SYE install with out removing the TC. Search around, there are lots of write ups on the project.

You also do not have to remove the tranny to remove the TC. Haynes manuals are firestarters for me... Ive always found them close to worthless for just about any car. Chiltons is a little better, IMO. But a FSM would do the trick.

As others have said it can be done in the Jeep but its easy on the bench. It wont have a zillion parts fall out when you pull the cover. One of the main things is being sure the pickup tube dosent fall out of the pump. I have a bunch of photos I can shoot to you this evening. You will need a good pair of flat tip snap ring pliers. When you assemble be sure the gasket surfaces are cleaned with brake clean before using rtv. Wipe the housing out so it quits dripping fluid.

Last edited:
Back