• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

post up!!! Steering Box Braces!!!

terryd

NAXJA Forum User
guys, i'm gonna fab up a steering box brace to tie into my front bumper mounts when i build it. i wanna see some pics of your braces so i have an idea of where they tie in at!!!!

This is not advance fab, you can bolt on any 1 of 5 steering box braces from various manufacturers. If you want to fab one, Google jeep steering box brace install for photos of how they install and how you'll need to fab yours up. I used a piece of 1" tube a piece of angle and a plumbing clamp with the ears chopped off. Took about an hour.FWIW

C-ROK sells their braces without their bumpers http://www.c-rok.com/, might give them a try. I bought their Low Profile bumper and it also had a brace for the passenger side and front. Few pic's of the outside bracing, sorry but no pic of the inside steering brace but it is shown on the C-Rok site. Hope this helps.

P5080023.jpg

P5080024.jpg

P5080022.jpg

The best thing you can do is to decrease the amount of stress at the box, Via hydro assist. In testing on the 01 I built before and after the hydro assist. It showed that the ram took well over 50% of the forces. and makes a great steering stabilizer also

Back