• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need a favor...maybe

Fergie

NAXJA Forum User
My wife was just accepted to the Social Welfare PhD program at UCLA.

We are making a trip out very soon, and need to know where to stay, that isnt ghetto.

Thanks

Gavin

Wow, interesting question. I've been thinking about it and came to the conclusion that anything near UCLA is either ghetto...or really expensive.

How long will you be here? And how far are you willing to drive?

Sorry for the somewhat disjointed post, we were a bit euphoric last night.

I'd like to be close to the Univresity, for her, and I'll do the driving, as my jobs can be scattered.

We'll be there for 7 years or so.

My sis in law drives from upland to UCLA med. everyday. Less than fifty miles...but she averages about 4 hours a day in the car...mostly for the trip home.

I would suggest something closer :D

Santa Monica is about your only hope but it'll cost you two arms and a leg.

Everywhere else around there is a dump.

I'd commute in from Pasadena or something.

Remember, it is the west side so their will be tons of traffic over there.

Last edited:
hate to say it but its true....that whole area is kinda ghetto in some way. i also think pasadena would be a good area. best thing to do would be to come check it out. theres good and bad areas of just about every city out here

Fergie said:
Sorry for the somewhat disjointed post, we were a bit euphoric last night.

I'd like to be close to the Univresity, for her, and I'll do the driving, as my jobs can be scattered.

We'll be there for 7 years or so.

Seven years?? Damn, I thought you were looking for a hotel.

It'll be good to have you here. I still owe you a dinner.

What size place do you need? Beverly Hills, adjacent to UCLA.

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/apa/280247465.html

Last edited:
Married housing on-campus.

Real close.

Real ghetto.

Happy cows make happy cheese.

4xSanta said:
Stay in AZ. you won't like it here anyway,we are full no more room for people.
That is what I keep saying to all the prune pickers in AZ, but they don't listen!!

Johnny- Seven years total. It will wither be in UCLA, or Berkley. Right now I do just need a hotel room though.

Blazair- Cant do on campus, we have a dog.

I'm hoping Berkley comes through, as something farther north would be nice, and I have an inane fear of living, or being in LA, but her being accepted to a PhD program is HUGE, so I will suffer if I have to....gotta have my sugar momma!

Fergie

well - Berkley is nice... and housing is a lot cheaper up here :D

Back