• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

HD SYE for 242?

Neil

NAXJA Forum User
Does any one make an HD SYE for the 242. I just got off the phone with Advance adapters and they said that they haven't even looked into it. I was hopeing not to have to do a hack and tap.

Thanks,
Neil

Did the Currie when Tom was at sixstates about five years ago, 78k later no problems whatsoever, but please keep in mind that I'm relatively easy on the drive train.

Mike

will going to this in the near future. But for now the RE hack and tap works fine for me.

neither teh WOODS or CURRIE are a HD unit...they both use milled down stock output shafts...so basically you are already running the same kit they sell for the 242. You just saved 100.00 by doing the milling yourself :D GOOD JOB!

Thats only partially true,the Tom Woods kit is the best of whats available.It provides the longest possible driveshaft along with the closest bearing support!

Looks like Tom Woods is it then. It looks like the main shaft is only about 2" longer than the 231 HD unit. That makes the DS attachment point about 5" closer to the bearing. I guess that's as good as it gets. Thanks guys!!

Neil said:
Looks like Tom Woods is it then. It looks like the main shaft is only about 2" longer than the 231 HD unit. That makes the DS attachment point about 5" closer to the bearing. I guess that's as good as it gets. Thanks guys!!

On Tom's advice I subbed in the 231 tail-cone to shorten the shaft that little bit extra. I compared an RE H&T with mine last weekend (friend was told the H&T was "all" that was available) and mine has a good 2"+ less overhang, and a shorter tail-cone to boot (the yoke is flush up against the cone) which allows for an even longer shaft and better angles.

I don't know if the shorter cone significantly alters the volume of t-case fluid, but I've gone over to synth to accomodate the heat just in case.

Back