• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

95XJMichigan

NAXJA Forum User
I searched and only found a couple threads. I have a 27sp 8.25 and i wanna throw in a lock rite or no slip. My question is will a locked 27sp hold up to 31 truxs?
TIA
Jason

theyre pretty stout..i wheeled my 27-spline 8.25 too hard..(i like to play pre-runner)..never broke anything..that was with 31's, open diff..lots of money later i upgraded my axles for 33s- super 30 kit, and a scout 44..they sell 27 spline alloy shafts for the 8.25, but i think if i was going to lock an 8.25 i'd snag some 29 spline axles out of a newer 97+ 8.25..shouldnt have to worry about it all with thirty ones then..good luck brotha

I have a detroit in my 8.25 running 31,s. No problems yet. I still use too much throttle at times do to that was the way I drove before lockers but a light throttle foot will help you alot.

I run a 8.25 29 spline out of a 98 in my MJ with 33 boggers and welded. I run that with my AX15 and have done multiple clutch drops without breakage. My D35 on the other hand did not hold up @ all.

I had a locked 27 spline 8.25, broke axle shafts (along with driveshafts, and yokes) with some wheel spin-> meeting traction. Upgraded to a 29 spline on the trail, welded it, and its been much better for me. I do wheel "smarter", but I definetly dont baby it. I run 35's.

I have been running 27 spline shafts for over a year now with 33's and a Detroit. I haven't broken any shafts yet and I have taken it all over Tellico. I'm running the originals too. I'm thinking about Yukons, because I'm actually consdering 35's.

I just ordered some 34x10.5 ltbs to run on my 27 spline with an aussie locker..... i will let you know how it holds up.

I dont think thay make a 29 spline aussie. I have taken my 8.25 to hell and back on 33's and i have never broken anything except a yoke when i accidentally neutral dropped it around 4 grand, and thats the only thing that broke

lobsterdmb said:
I just ordered some 34x10.5 ltbs to run on my 27 spline with an aussie locker..... i will let you know how it holds up.

Where'd you get an Aussie for the 8.25??

I've been running a 27 spline lincoln locked 8.25 for years with 33's with out incident. Although I'm a bit more on the conservative side than some.

95XJMichigan said:
I think he was talking about the 30. On another post someone said aussie is make a locker for the 29sp 8.25 but not the 27sp.

Aussie said the same thing over 2 years ago when I first talked to them about an 8.25 locker.

been running 33's in my 8.25 for some time.

Most of that open... just relatively recently regeared and locked...
no problems here.
when I wheeled it open... I wasn't very conservative eiither and no problems.

lobsterdmb said:

my bad, i was half asleep when i wrote that.... i run a no-slip in the rear and aussie in my d30

Back