• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

bilstein 5150's on re 3.5 install

xcm

NAXJA Forum User
so im about to install a re 3.5 inch kit, got a great deal on it used, im gonna be putting 2 new bilstein 5150's in the rear, judging from the length of the 2 front shocks that came with it.. the closest numbers i cn find on bilsteins site is
BF5-A197-H0 11.50 5150 Crossflow 170/60 Attached 27.99 16.50 14mm eye/eye

the numbers i got off the shocks were ~26", ~15....
can someone point me in the right direction?
other then the gonna-be-installed-shortly lift, its about a stock 1990 2door 4.0 aw4 and 31's
i do mostly desert driving,

can someone point me in the right direction?

Don't get the 170/60 valving. You want the stiffer ones..255/160? or something like that. For 3 inches of lift, you can probably go with the 10 inch travel 5150's

If you search for "5150 shocks", "shock measuring", or "bilstein" in the Mod tech forum you should come up with anything you need.

actually the travel in the rear nerver goes over 8.5 inches of travel, so you can use the 8.5 shocks and they will fit perfectly.. if you want to go a little higher in quality you can go for the 7100s with short body they will measure 24" extended 14" collapsed but the 8.5" 5150s will give you the lenght without any problems. the part number you shoulg get is BF5-A195-H1 those are the ones that comes with the 255/70 vlavling that is the one used for jeep & medium size trucks...

ktarro said:
actually the travel in the rear nerver goes over 8.5 inches of travel, so you can use the 8.5 shocks and they will fit perfectly.. if you want to go a little higher in quality you can go for the 7100s with short body they will measure 24" extended 14" collapsed but the 8.5" 5150s will give you the lenght without any problems. the part number you shoulg get is BF5-A195-H1 those are the ones that comes with the 255/70 vlavling that is the one used for jeep & medium size trucks...
Doh! Yep...I was thinking front...should have read closer.

wish i could afford the 7100's... but i just cant this time... oh well

do the rear shocks differ on length then the front?, the front shocks i got w/ kit are longer then the numbers you gave me
is there an application guide somewhere that im missing?
thanks for the info

Last edited:
Back