• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Which Trac bar?

mjma

NAXJA Forum User
I've decided to finally stop replacing my trac bar with free stock ones and get a real one! But, I'm not sure which one I want to get. I've searched but haven't come up with much for conclusions.

I'm leaning towards JKS, even though it keeps the stock bracket. Next in line would be the TnT one.

Which one is better and why?

Also, I've got about 3.5" of lift right now, and ofcourse it'll probably go up a little bit in the future. Is there just one small part that I can exchange to change things from less than 4" of lift to the greater than 4" of lift?? I've seen what happens when you run a tracbar made for >4 with a little over 4" of lift....and I don't want to be dealing with those kind of breakages!

Personally I have the RE1600 with 4.5" if lift and while it works I am not terribly satisfied with it. a bolt thru a single hole isn't a real great mounting point for a rod end. Especially one who's responsibility is holding the axle from side to side movement.

I am probably going to end up turning the heim end on my Rubicon one and using a different frame bracket. JKS also makes a conversion bracket to convert the stock frame side mount.

TnT. I replaced my rusty's with the TnT system and couldn't be any happier. It's a VERY stout piece, and bolted in with no fuss. It's priced decently, and has a lot of adjustablity built into it. A ton of guys here run it and have the same experience. Can't say I've ever heard anything negative about it.

Hmm, well I've got a few other things from TnT and have liked them. Does the bracket for the 4-6 drop the pivot point down?? If so, is it enough so that you have to get a drop pitman arm?

I have the one from Kevin's Off Road. I went with it because it is beefy, has a modified but well built factory mount and it is good for all lift ranges (IIRC it was 0-9 inches) Price was good too! Only downside is the frame bracket is a bit lower than stock and on my 3.5 lift, it has contacted my front diff cover.

I ran the RE1600 for a while, and it worked jut fine. I did maintain it very reguraly by keepin the heim lubed up. I recently upgraded to the TNT TB and it is overkill to say the least. I'm very please with it so far. Planning on breakin git in next week at Winterfest.:thumbup: I opted for the TNT due to the double sheer set up on the frame end, which is a big improvement in my book.

100_2912.jpg

100_2913.jpg

Hale

I bought the Rubicon Extreme Duty with the flex joint at the frame end, and cut and fabbed my stock frame mount, extending it about 4 inches and reworked the mount for the new flex joint.
The RE looks really beefy and nice.

Eveybody seems to recommend the RE and the JKS from what I've read.

Back