• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

96 XJ 2.5 diag code 27

tigerpaw

NAXJA Forum User
96 XJ 4 cyl, have a set check engine light, code 27. All I have as symptoms is a rough idle at times and also intermittent part throttle hesitation. otherwise it runs ok.I can't find any diagnostic info except "requires tech diagnosis" Is there anything I can check on this at all? or do I need to get it to the dealer? It is high mileage but otherwise ok.Any ideas would be appreciated.I guess I'll have to get a factory manual to go further!Could it be a leaky injector or a bad one? Light does not go out.

Code 27 in my fsm addresses the injector control circuits and could be any one of the six (or in your case four) injectors. It talks about the output driver not responding properly to the control signal. The generic scan tool code you would get would identify which specific injector is faulty, from PO201 to PO206 for the six cylinder...guessing that yours would be P0201 to P0204 for the four banger. This is from the 96 fsm I use. Good luck.

Last edited:
I am also getting a code 27. I am running a 92' 4.0. I have replaced all injectors a few months ago. The only readers I have found in the market will only let me read codes. I read codes the old fasion way currently. The OBD2 will not read a 92. I think it only works with 96 and up. Do I have to take it to the stealership to figure this out or does anyone
have more info that might help me track this problem down.

Back