• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

gps

kdx

NAXJA Forum User
i looked but couldnt find anything, does anyone have a gps system in their rig. either mounterd in the dash or from a overhead devce. just to be specific im not lookiing for those little stick on your dash gps used for city travel.

I use a handheld Magellan eXplorist 600 with a dash mount. Not quite the same as your usual stick on car-nav GPS.

garmin eTrex Legend Cx

IMG_1126.jpg

I use a Garmin V with nRoute software.

401oj9c.jpg

I use a Garmin GPS-V mounted on the dash with the Garmin dash mount that came with it. I got a 12V power feed that plugs into a power outlet and a remote external antenna. Looks like riverfever's without the computer in the way. Old school but works for me. It had me mapped on barely more than a two track road near Ship Rock in N.M. a couple years ago.

Don't know if the GPS-V is still available in new form, but should be easy to find on e-bay as people upgrade to ones with more bling than function.

Bones :skull1:

This is in the Tow rig but it works, I run the Rino 120 in the XJ.. I built the console in a day and set it up a few days before I was on the road for 6 months

picture_209_133.jpg

picture_210_158.jpg

picture_211_140.jpg

Back