• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How big a tire can I go ?

KYXJTJFREAKS

NAXJA Forum User
I just bought an 01xj to go with my 00 tj . TJ has 31x10.5x15 with skyjacker 2.5 ( getting ready to go 4" double flex RR) . I will be putting a 3" lift on the xj with in the next 3 months but I need tire's now. I have 15x7 factory wheels. Can anyone help. With the TJ stuff , its hard to get all so close together so I have to be as smart and economical as I can be. :confused1

Any of ya'lls help would be greatly appreciated ..... kind of new at the xj ( I love it as much as my TJ!) JEEPS ROCK.....I'll never own anything else!!!

well with a 3" lift on the XJ you can run 32-11.5 on stock rims but it will rub. and im not sure about the TJ but i would say once you add the lift i would say 33s. your best bet for tires is tirerack.com or ok4wd.com hope this helps
p.s. i have a 90 XJ with only a 2" lift and im running 31s no problems.
-Keep Jeepin

search. This has been covered quite a bit. 32s with some possible trimming needed or bumpstops.

When you've done the TJ lift, take the 31's from the TJ and give them to the XJ. Then buy 33's for the TJ.

You can get away with not having to regear the XJ on 31's and just regear the TJ.

Back