• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

shims

95ckee

NAXJA Forum User
i lowed my jeep from 7.5" to 5.5". its a rubicon express lift and yes it got a sye. the blocks where tapered so now i need some kinde shim. so can you people running the rubicon express 5.5" extreme duty lift tell me what kinda shims yall are running? what degree and pics would be nice. thanks

What degree taper did the blocks have? do you have a angle finder?

no i dont have an angle finder and have no idea what the blocks had either. just wish re could tell mw what they come with in there kits but evertime i call i get different answers

There is some good advice here for you. In all honesty you can't be told what degree shim to put on, it is different for each rig.

And RE sells all shims seperate, they do not come with the kits due to reason above.

And just for the hell of it I run a RE 4.5" and have 6 degree shims on mine.

I ran 6.5" with a 4* shim until I cut and rotated. That worked great for me.

Buy an angle finder, measure the angle of your driveshaft and rear pinion, and buy shims that will bring your pinion up to 2 degrees less than your driveshaft's angle since you have an SYE.

Back