• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1/2 brakes with dana 60 outers?

Kevlar

NAXJA Forum User
Well I've started to build up my hp44 and recently read some threads about hybrid 44/60's and was considering going this route. I have found suitable dana60 inner axles but need to know if it is possible to get dana 60 30 spline (or 35 spline for that matter)outers to work with 1/2 ton hardware. Will I have to replace the stock d44 hubs, spindles, calipers, and rotors that I just bought and go with dana 60 1 ton hardware? It's a 76 hp ford d44...

thanks

yes.

the knuckle doesnt have the clearance to run d60 joints...

you'll need d60 outers... :eeks1:

The inner C's are a little different as are the knuckles. The size is obvious in these pics.

44:
FileHandler.ashx

60 KP:
FileHandler.ashx

Here is a 60 U-Joint compared to a 30/44 U-joint. A lot larger.

FileHandler.ashx

My caliper brackets will be allowing me to use 1/2 ton chevy calipers though

FileHandler.ashx

Last edited:
Kevlar said:
Well I've started to build up my hp44 and recently read some threads about hybrid 44/60's and was considering going this route. I have found suitable dana60 inner axles but need to know if it is possible to get dana 60 30 spline (or 35 spline for that matter)outers to work with 1/2 ton hardware. Will I have to replace the stock d44 hubs, spindles, calipers, and rotors that I just bought and go with dana 60 1 ton hardware? It's a 76 hp ford d44...

thanks

Check out Part's Mike's website, he lists parts to run 1/2 ton brakes on D60 outers.....as do a few other vendors. It requires a D60 hub machined for the 1/2 ton wheel pattern.

Back