• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Oil filter housing

92XJT

NAXJA Forum User
Read up these a little - it looks like that is what started to leak on my 92 now. So far its a little drip, but when I left it in the shop idling for 20 minutes it will leave a 2x4" film on the floor. Heard it can be a pain to do, and plus with the cold temps and no heat in the garage was hoping I can drive it around like this till its fixed. Any other owners here driven there XJ like this for awhile - mine's just a trail rig, and figure as long as I periodically check the level should be good to go. Just wondering myself and figured I would ask.

Oh you can drive around on it for a while just check the oil every once in a while it does not leak that bad.

For me it was caked on there I was a PITA because I did not have the right tool I gave up and went to advance auto and bouth the t60 that looked like a allen wrech and but an extesion bar and it broke loose and from then on it was ez.

Here is a thread about the housing http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=904592&highlight=oil+filter

Dude you should come up to the South Bend M&G watch the Midwest Thread on more details.

Matt

I put new O-rings in my oil filter housing when I swapped out the motor on my '91. It's not hard to do at all. When the weather warms up, and you are ready to change your oil, you can do that as part of the job. There's just a bolt holding the whole thing together, if I remember correctly.

92XJT said:
Read up these a little - it looks like that is what started to leak on my 92 now. So far its a little drip, but when I left it in the shop idling for 20 minutes it will leave a 2x4" film on the floor. Heard it can be a pain to do, and plus with the cold temps and no heat in the garage was hoping I can drive it around like this till its fixed. Any other owners here driven there XJ like this for awhile - mine's just a trail rig, and figure as long as I periodically check the level should be good to go. Just wondering myself and figured I would ask.

Back