• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RECENT 4.5 LIFT NOW VIBRATION

fkingsz

NAXJA Forum User
I recently put a rough country 4.5 lift on my sons 2001 cherokee sport,It has now started to vibrate at 20-25 mph. this vibration was not there until a few days after the lift was installed. it feels like its under your foot area, at freeway speeds its gone. I called rough country and they say the yoke & driveline kit is not needed..I need help..maybe front bearings.? I am a Ford Service Mgr. and no nothing about jeeps i was told they were durable and good so we got my 16 year old this cherokee.
can we wedge shim the rear end to get correct angle.??

How severe is the vibration? I put a 6.5" lift on my Jeep, I shimmed the rear end, and put in a slipyoke, and I still get the vibration in the same speed range you describe. Even after putting on an aftermarket driveshaft.

However.. mine doesn't bother or worry me since it is very faint. However if you do find out whats causing it.. wouldn't mind knowing for myself.

i have a 5ish inch lift and i had some pretty good vibration but by ignoring it :D it eventually went away. I don't know how but i do have a 1" t-case drop I am not using, if you want. just cruising around here it seems that clearance is key, so i am still ignoring mine even though it is very slight by now.

Late models do need a SYE when going that high.. Earlier models have been known to be ok without a SYE when lifting that high..

You'll also need to re-angle the pinion when you install the SYE..

You'll find A LOT of threads on this topic after searching the Mod Forums..

Elias
Eh-lee-us

I would try unbolting the front shaft and driving it then. I had a bad u-joint on my xj that wasn't exposed until after I lifted it and my buddy had the exact same thing happen to him. I havent heard of this problem being all that common but it happened on mine which is an '01 and my buddys is a 2000, which are the only two years that used low pinion front axles so I think that the low pinion probably puts the front ds at a more severe angle.

I had the same problem with my suck country lift. You didn't get new upper control arms did you?? I bought JKS upper adjustables. Suck country deems new uppers unnecessary so your cast is probably way the heck off.
I'm new so i don't know how much the supensions differ from 96 to 2001, try to leave my ass intact.

Back