• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

one side lower then the other?

jeepcherokee88

NAXJA Forum User
I just finished putting my 6.5 lift on the xj and i bought used coils for it figureing they looked new so they should still be decent but when i installed my lift it seems the passenger side is lower than the drivers and when i measured it one side is a full inch higher than the other. now seeing i have no shocks or anything on it yet is there a possibility that after i drive it for awile it'll all settle down and be fairly level? or should i go ahead and order a 1 inch spacer and install it and call it a day. lets hear you ideas?
Thank's

Is the back also lower or just the front?

Were the springs the same length before you put them in?

FWIW, it's probably better (lucky) your passenger side is the lower side as it is the tendency for the weight of the driver to cause the driver's side to sit lower over time. I pretty sure that OME coil springs are actually labelled left and right side to account for this, although nobody else sells them this way as far as I know. Give 'em a chance to settle and I'll bet there's a good chance the driver's side settles more.

Check out this right up from gojeep. If this is the problem, I don’t see why you couldn’t use a spacer on one side to level the front up. The second one implies that he used an aluminum spacer on one side to level.
If one coil is taller than the other then use that on the right side as XJ's ( ZJ's & TJ's too ) sit lower on the front right. This is due to the fact that the coil bucket on the axle sits higher on the left side to clear the diff centre housing! http://www.go.jeep-xj.info/HowtoFrontCoils.htm

You wont have the aluminium rings that I had in to level the car left to right http://www.go.jeep-xj.info/HowtoFrontSpacer.htm

I had that problem and I used my ACOS to adjust the side higher 3/4" I have not had any problems.

Back