• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Drop Brackets vs. Adjustable controll arms.

12 Volt Man

NAXJA Member # 1383
I have a 2000 XJ with RE 4.5 inch lift. Running 33x12.50 tires. I need to move my front axle foward a bit to center it in the wheel well. I also want to go with another 1.5-2 inches of lift.

From what I have searched, the RE drop brackets are pretty much the way to go. I would appreciate any comments on that.

I also would like to know if just the drop brackets will get my axle pushed forward and inch or two when I lift it another 1.5-two inches (spacers and shackles)? Or do I need Adjustable controll arms? Or both?

........now Long Arms would be nice, I am looking for the most affordable way to get this done if that is a Long arm conversion, then scrap the above.

Drop brackets should work for you, they bring em down 4" and at least an inch forward. Cheaper than long arms and a huge improvement over the stock setup.

as Ramsey mentioned, it will push it forward but the biggest advantage of drop brackets is the ride quality is improved drastically. The energy from hitting a bump no longer gets shot straight up into the frame rails

Rob, I just installed drop brackets. They did move the axle forward a good inch. You can swing by some time and take a look.

Back