• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Where does this wire go

Rockhound89

NAXJA Forum User
Ok guy here is the thing I just replaced the head on my 92 XJ 4.0 HO the people that I bought it off of start to do some of the work. So I am trying to put this darn thing back together and I have must of it done there is just one wire that I can’t figure out were it goes so I hope some one can help me. On the front of motor next to the fuel rail there is wires that run through that piece of plastic and at the front of the motor there is one that goes to the water neck and then this really long one that I cant for the life of me figure out where it goes. I no pic would help with this but the wife is a sleep and I don’t know where the camera is so as soon as she get up I well post pic of this wire. Also I seem to have a leak around the manifold can so one give me a tip on sealing this up.

Thanks
Watson

Rockhound89 said:
Ok guy here is the thing I just replaced the head on my 92 XJ 4.0 HO the people that I bought it off of start to do some of the work. So I am trying to put this darn thing back together and I have must of it done there is just one wire that I can’t figure out were it goes so I hope some one can help me. On the front of motor next to the fuel rail there is wires that run through that piece of plastic and at the front of the motor there is one that goes to the water neck and then this really long one that I cant for the life of me figure out where it goes. I no pic would help with this but the wife is a sleep and I don’t know where the camera is so as soon as she get up I well post pic of this wire. Also I seem to have a leak around the manifold can so one give me a tip on sealing this up.

Thanks
Watson
Watson,
I don't have any HO rigs but I would guess that wire probably goes to your 02 sensor which is down underneath the intake manifold. Also for sealing the intake up, use a new gasket (I like Fel-Pro) and some copper RTV (a very light bead). That is how I have always done the manifolds and it's worked like a champ for me. Good luck!
-Collin

RenixPower said:
Watson,
I don't have any HO rigs but I would guess that wire probably goes to your 02 sensor which is down underneath the intake manifold. Also for sealing the intake up, use a new gasket (I like Fel-Pro) and some copper RTV (a very light bead). That is how I have always done the manifolds and it's worked like a champ for me. Good luck!
-Collin

Man I did the new seal just not the RTV and i got it all together man i just did not want to have to take it apart agian i guess that is what i am going to have to do:doh:

Thanks

Watson

Rockhound89 said:
Man I did the new seal just not the RTV and i got it all together man i just did not want to have to take it apart agian i guess that is what i am going to have to do:doh:

Thanks

Watson
Well the RTV isn't necessary it just has the potential to help if the head isn't completely true. Do you have all the bolts torqued up pretty tight including the bottom ones toward the back?

Back