• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Homebrewed snow plow???

Jeepthing88

NAXJA Forum User
ok i know this might sound crazy...but has anyone homebrewed a plow to the front of their xj to make shoveling the driveway alittle easier. I was wondering because we're getting a ton of snow right now and with the snow blower we have I might as well wait for summer. I already have the bumper unbolted to do some measurements for my custom bumper. wondering if there was a way to bolt up some 2x4's to the bumper mounts then put some plywood across that...gap it so it has 1" to 1 1/2" to the ground. Does anyone think this will work? I personally dont have a problem wheeling right through it...but my mom's car doesnt have that advantage. any help would be great

raisng and lowering seem like the biggest problem. If you had to go ver a raised driveway or turn it may tuff. But if you just going from gargae to street. WHY NOT!:wave: I just has some serious fun driving in the snow here outside saint louis! Donuts and cookies have cut. Side sliding has checked off list as well :)

I use this huge (3.5x4.5) piece of plastic, bout 1/4" thick. I just cut two holes in the top for my hands and I use that as my plow. I have two good snow blowers and I don't use either, just that sheet, I love it. Suppose you could do the same with wood, perhaps a little more cumbersome and not as durable, but consider that too.

If I were attaching something to the Jeep, I'd probably make a V shape plow. I've thought about doing that before, but I don't think it would be real reliable either way. I've found an electric plow online for a grand. I think I may just have to order one this summer.

Hope this helps, good luck.

Sand

You need a rear blade from a 3 point hitch tractor. Cheap and plentiful. Mount it to your d ring mounts and raise and lower it with your winch. They have left and right pivots built into them. Used are a dime a dozen.

ahahahahah IT WORKS.....I MADE A V SHAPED PLOW OUT OF WOOD...RENFORCED IT under toward the axle....the wood is 2 1/2 inches from the ground....then theres 2 layers of carpet nailed on to catch the bottom stuff....and it works GREAT!!!!

Stumpalump said:
You need a rear blade from a 3 point hitch tractor. Cheap and plentiful. Mount it to your d ring mounts and raise and lower it with your winch. They have left and right pivots built into them. Used are a dime a dozen.
Have you seen this done??

Thats an awesome idea with the tractor blade, I think it will work well with my detours backbone and winch!

ok i got the pics!!!....theres a different mounting in some of the pics....i decided to take off the bumper mounts and attach it with 3 bolts on each side rather than just 1. thing works GREAT...leaves only about a 1/2" of snow now....well worth it!!!:2thumbsup:
P2140258.jpg

P2140263.jpg

P2140264.jpg

P2140265.jpg

P2140262.jpg

P2140267.jpg

*wow*

You have WAY TOO MUCH free time on your hands.

But then, I guess you wouldnt if you were still shoveling the drive.

:)

I guess if he's got the time to build something like that he's got time to wind those up and down during the plow process:laugh:

Back