• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

front dana 60??????

wazza

NAXJA Forum User
hi
not sure if this is right place but all help is appreciated!!

ive just seen a bloke selling a front 60 out of a 79 ford F350.

its 4.10 geard but the bloke say's its reverse rotation. is it possibe to change it to standard rotation to match my cherokee as i would be making it 4.88 anyway?
or does any1 know of problems other than that ill have???
it will be replacing the 44 im just getting ready to build! an it will match the rear 60 quite nicely!

thanks very much
chris

wazza said:
hi

its 4.10 geard but the bloke say's its reverse rotation. is it possibe to change it to standard rotation to match my cherokee as i would be making it 4.88 anyway?
it will be replacing the 44 im just getting ready to build! an it will match the rear 60 quite nicely!

thanks very much
chris
I'm pretty sure that Reverse rotation means High pinion, a good thing, does not effect the actual rotation direction, not sure what you are asking

yer it is high pinion.

looks like the bloke an me have it wrong. ill admit i did think they rotated in oposite direction!:roll: oops
cheerse for those replys thats set me right. ill try an bite his hand off for it!!!! at moment he only wants 100quid for it!

thanks

mmmm...i Love calamari

CALAMARI.jpg

wazza said:
hi

thanks very much
chris

Ya, let me guess you just picked up that rear 60 off ebay a couple of weeks ago right??

na not me,
the rear 60 ive got's from a J20 an i was gonna spent quite a few £££ on getting the front 44 diff offset swaped over an built up to take an abusive left foot an 37's.

plus im in england an got these over here. so if i get the front 60 it'll be a huge money saver
:party:

Ya I'm in the UK to, I know what ya mean about $. It's nice finding an axle in the states, it's a damn MIRICLE to find one over here. Most of the guys I've talked to in the states just can't grasp the concept of there not being any axles available over here.

What J20 did you get yours out of? I found one local to me but the research I've done say's there not worth swapping in? Small tubes, etc. Supposedly the weakest 60 ever made.

not sure what year theyre out of but the front 44's open knuckle an running the d30 size uj which makes it 70 to 74ish i think from what ive read.

i got them from a bloke who had them under his cj for a couple of months.

the 60 is probly the weakest ever made but from what ive read in other places it will hold up really well to me shoving a locker an 37's on it.

if any1 knows otherwise please tell me!!!!

ponyracer1, where abouts in country are you an what setup have you got on your xj?

Back