• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RE6030 kit

Vanquish

NAXJA Forum User
Rencently put on a Rubicon Express 3.5" (6030 with full leafs) kit. Not very pleased with the flex...

I've seen pics of peoples XJ's with these kits and their flex is absolutely awesome compared to mine...

Even with the front sway bar disconnected(the rear is totally out) I can barely get my truck up a foot and a half...I could pretty much do that stock with the front sway bar still on...

Also, the leafs are incredibly bouncy...is that normal for an RE kit?

The 6030 is far from a "complete" kit.There are tons of things that could be limiting your flex.Shocks,trackbar,brake lines,stock uca's,even the tire/wheel combo.Start by finding out whats causing the problem.Also RE leaves dont flex well with stock shackles!

Give your springs time to break in.

FitchVA said:
did you torque everything down while the xj was up in the air? cause if you did, you might be binding up

x2. I run this same system and can tell you that it flexes quite well. Double check everything.

Vanquish said:
Are you trying to say I might have the fasteners too tight?

Not necessarily too tight, but imporperly tightened.

Final torque should be done with the vehicle resting on the ground and the suspension carrying the weight of the vehicle.

Did you use a torque wrench or go by feel? Was the Jeep still on stands/lift when you tightened?

Not trying to bust your ba!!s, just trying to help. Like I said, I have that very same system and it works great for me. I did buy mine new so I know everything was RE. Are you sure ALL of the system components are RE (I only ask since you bought used)?

HTH

Back