• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Shackles

LABMBA87

NAXJA Forum User
Can I use straight shackles with a poly bushing at the top side to compensate for the leaf springs when using shackles as jeep shackles are curved? Any ideas? need to get another inch bfore I'm happy with my XJ. Also, spacers for the front coil? Again, I only need 1" before i'm content!!!!
IDEAS?

I"m in Eugene. Just outside in Creswell. Work at Lithia Dodge in Eugene and People around here want way to much for "custom" shackles.

ANY BODY BUILD THEIR OWN SHACKLES? Looking for either a template or some suggestions to a cheap alternative to buying super-duper-special shackles? Just looking for the money alternative. Ha Ha Ha super jew!!

I knew someone would have some quippy remark to that comment. I'm trying to find a welder right now so I am looking for someone with a templated that has been tried and works as I will be making several of these for my friends and I. I would appreciate the advice. No measuring tape for me DAMMIT! I'm just not sure how to build around the spacers as I have never built shackles before.

Yeah reason I was asking where you were was to see if you were local. If it was something to where you could pick them up from me I could buy you a Warrior set at my cost and you could pick them up from me, but it seems you're further south.

My dad lives in boring-eagle creek area. What's cost on it? I might be able to pick it up or make a trip up. While you're there, what's the cost on spacers for the front as well? Need to get this damn thing up so I can look for new tires. Tires too? :cheers:

Alright everybody who helped out, I just got my shackles put on on my lunch break, and everything looks the way I wanted it to. Only problem now is the exhaust turn down is resting on the lower shackle bolt. What's the best way to fix this?? Thanks everyone who helped out with my shackle questions.;)

LABMBA87 said:
Alright everybody who helped out, I just got my shackles put on on my lunch break, and everything looks the way I wanted it to. Only problem now is the exhaust turn down is resting on the lower shackle bolt. What's the best way to fix this?? Thanks everyone who helped out with my shackle questions.;)

couple options

1. wheel it a few times and let the shackle bend and tweak it out of the way, haha

2. exhaust shop shouldnt charge you more than 20-30 bucks to tweak it a bit so it doesn't touch.

LABMBA87 said:
I cut mine off about 2 inches

Bend it, heat or cut it? hmmmmmmmmmm. so many options? Hey, skullvarian, did you put a new turndown on it or what???????

LABMBA87 said:
Bend it, heat or cut it? hmmmmmmmmmm. so many options? Hey, skullvarian, did you put a new turndown on it or what???????
nope, it was the 2.5 flowmaster 40, it exhausts about two inches behind my shackle straight back, my shackle bushings have a bit of carbon build-up but nothing detrimental going on.

Still stock exhaust. I'm figuring that the best bet is to just cut it back and put a new turn down on it. Thanks again guys.

LABMBA87 said:
Still stock exhaust. I'm figuring that the best bet is to just cut it back and put a new turn down on it. Thanks again guys.
IMG_0266.jpg

new turndown is not really going to do anything for you unless you feel like you need a tip for whatever aesthetic reason, it is only exhaust and as long as you aren't routing it into the cab, you should be fine:)

Last edited:
Back