• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

dana 35 nonc

ktilcu

NAXJA Forum User
what would you guys say about going from completely stock dana 35 w/ABs to Non C-Clip d35 with Lockrite and 4.11's for 150 dollars at my door. Is losing the ABS worth it or even possible for just the rear? or should i just buy the axle and put the stuff in mine (more expensive...gear install)?

does anybody have experience with going non ABS though... what do i do with the ABS parts at the wheel?

Alright i;m getting this Non-abs axle and i was wondering if anyone knew offhand whether i could add my ABS to this axle or is it probably not possible?

IF your going to swap an axle, why would you go from a Dana 35 to another Dana 35. I had a NON C in my old '85 Waggy Limmited, never broke it with 33s... but still, if you're gonna swap axles do it right the first time.
You'll be happy you did.

well in all reality it's for the gears and locker and the price just got dropped to 125 so i'm gonna take it because it's hard to pass by but i am saving up for a nice new axle this will just hold me over...

But, is it posible to just disable the abs in the rear or can i move the abs parts from my dana 35 now to the other 35?

I would also ditch the ABS. I read your's is a 94 model. You usually can find a non ABS M/C and booster out of a 96 or newer. Also if you do get the brake pedal from the donor also. Won't have to redrill. Thats a good deal on the 35 even if you have to upgrade the brakes while at it. I did my M/C and booster for $50.00 from the junkyard.

I did that swap. I took a non c-clip d35 with 4.10's from a 86 and swaped it into my 92. Pulled all the ABS stuff out at the same time since the new diff did not have ABS. I could not find a non disco , high pinion d30 with 4.10's so i picked up a YJ d30 with 4.10s. Paid 100 bucks. Sold the shafts and housing for 75. So for 25 bucks i got a D30 4.10's and carrier :)

Back