• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Major leaf spring problem.

jeepcherokee88

NAXJA Forum User
What i thought would be a simple leaf swap dident end up that way. The nut on the inside of the frame on the front leaf bolt on the driver side broke off so now i cant take the bolt out. What do i do now?

jeepcherokee88 said:
What i thought would be a simple leaf swap dident end up that way. The nut on the inside of the frame on the front leaf bolt on the driver side broke off so now i cant take the bolt out. What do i do now?

This happened to my buddy when we were installing his lift kit. What I did was get a grinder, cut a little trapizoid bellow the nut that broke off, cut the bolt in half then pull it out. Get a new bolt and nut and lock washer, and put a wrench up in the trapezoid thread it on and tighten it back up. If your worried about strength u can weld the trapizoid back on, but then if u wanna change leaf springs u have to do it all over again. PM if you don't understand. It is a little vague.
-Patrick:smoker:

Same thing, cut a section out beneath the welded on nut. I cut a 2 inch square or so. remove or cut the bolt and replace. (Use grade 8 hardware)
I used a piece of 3/16ths plate to make a patch and welded the patch in place.

Back