• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Super swamper in Germany

GermanXJ

NAXJA Forum User
I am stationed in Germany with the AirForce and am having trouble getting some Swampers
I know this may not be the right way to go about this, however I dont know the right way. I need a set of 4 or 5 swampers 31" x what ever x R15. I would like LTBs however I will take anything. Anyone willing to ship to an APO
Let me know. I am willing to send some good German Beer, and wine in addition to the cost of the tires and shipping for your trouble. Any help would be great. If you are stationed here also let me know so we can get some wheelin done.
:fuse: AMMO

Hey GermanXJ, you can ship any tire you want up to a 33X12.50 usps 4th class. I shipped a set of mtr's from summit racing to england. May be able to get ltb's in a 34X10.50 size due to the weight diff of the narrower tire. They say it takes up to 12 weeks, mine took 6 weeks almost exactly.

A buddy still has the set of 33 SSR's over here, PM me if your interested.

I know a place in Amberg over here by Graff that sells BFG's thats not bad in price. A little less that what it would be for shipping from the US. PM me if your interested.

Just a suggestion, you could join ponyracer1 for some wheeling in the UK and buy your Swampers from LA SuperTrux in Daventry, Northamptonshire.

I'm not sure if you can claim back the sales tax. I've driven to Northamptonshire to Dusseldorf and back in a day. I don't know where Binsfield is but it is possible to get good deals on the Dover-Calais ferry crossings.

Vince said:
Just a suggestion, you could join ponyracer1 for some wheeling in the UK and buy your Swampers from LA SuperTrux in Daventry, Northamptonshire.

I'm not sure if you can claim back the sales tax. I've driven to Northamptonshire to Dusseldorf and back in a day. I don't know where Binsfield is but it is possible to get good deals on the Dover-Calais ferry crossings.
Hey thanks for the info. Binsfeld is by Trier. Let me know when you guys go wheelin, there are a few of us that would make the trip at the drop of a hat.

Hey germanxj, if you can do without the swampers (they ware out too quick on the road anyway) tirerack.com ships to APOs. They have BFG, Kumo, Grabbers, and some other off road tires that have good reviews. It is how I get all my tires (unless I find them at the car craft center for free). I think you can even get free shipping if you spend enough. And just so ya know Auto Zone ships to APOs for free, no mater how small or large the order is. OBTW, I am not far from you. I’m in Ider-Oberstein, not far from Buamholder. Check out this site. What ever program they use to translate it to English sucks but you can figure it out. This place isn’t very far from us. http://www.kurpaelzer.de

Oh yeah. I have three 30x9.5 15s I’ll give ya if my request to stay in Germany is denied. Then you could buy 2 and have a full set with full size spare. :cheers:

I am interested in those 33s let me know how much they are.
ponyracer1 said:
Hey GermanXJ, you can ship any tire you want up to a 33X12.50 usps 4th class. I shipped a set of mtr's from summit racing to england. May be able to get ltb's in a 34X10.50 size due to the weight diff of the narrower tire. They say it takes up to 12 weeks, mine took 6 weeks almost exactly.

A buddy still has the set of 33 SSR's over here, PM me if your interested.

Vince said:

Hey Vince, I’m going to have to get a map out and do some looking now. My older brother lives in Ripon. We have gone to visit several times now but never drove. I think it would be a cool trip if we could drive over and do some wheeling and maybe camp out on the way to my Brothers house. Light wheeling tho. Don’t want to drake stuff that for from home if I can help it.

Hey german guys, we've got a bunch of sites we do here in england. A close one thats LOADS of fun is:

http://domain999313.sites.fasthosts.com/KORC/ultimate_off_road_driving_ex.htm

Were going for the weekend over easter if you guys want to make a trip up, you could come up friday and we could get the tires mounted at the hobby shop so you could wheel them for the weekend if you wanted. There'll be free camping, pig roast, punches, etc.

Should be at least 10 trucks going from our club, prob be about 150-200+ rigs there total. The site is HUGE, it's an old concrete quarry so there's no established trails, pretty much just go where you want.

Johnny O,

Ripon is in North Yorkshire. There are two great sites nearby (near by US standards). There's Parkwood 4x4 otherwise known as 'Tong' after the village it is near. It was home of the UK annual JeepFest and they are having an all-makes event in August. They also have a man-made rock garden which is fun. http://www.parkwood4x4.co.uk/events.php

The other site is Langdale Quest near Scarborough. I know the owner so there's a good chance I can organize an official NAXJA event there (BOD permitting). They are open over easter to the public, but the entry fee is much better if you go in on a club booking. This is the UK's closest equivalent to Paragon AP. http://www.langdalequest.co.uk/xtreme.html

I'm in Moab for Easter Jeep :) so probably won't be able to organize anything until June. Get in contact with ponyracer1, I'm sure you'll have a great time. SXXXXhorpe is in the general direction of your brother's place. It will take you about 1.5hrs to get there after you leave the offroad site.

Hey, that's funny the name of the town was censored. The missing letters are crude English name for particular female anatomy.

I just called Langdale Quest and got a reasonable rate for a club booking at 10+ and for 20+ vehicles. I'm going to call a few other sites during the week to see if I can get anything better.

Wow this is startin to sound cool. Lets go wheelin. I am free most anytime how about eveyone else? Lets make some plans. Drivin to England is high on my to do list, and I have at least two other guys here that will go 1 TJ 1 Rubi. Who is in?:thumbup:

Vince said:
I just called Langdale Quest and got a reasonable rate for a club booking at 10+ and for 20+ vehicles. I'm going to call a few other sites during the week to see if I can get anything better.
Let me know this sound like a damn good time. I can get more people.
I will bring Beer from Germany/Belgium, so start placing your orders.

This sounds good.

Vince / Ponyracer, let me know if you want any help. I'll definitely make the effort to go to this event.

Back