• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

heim?

jeepjay90

NAXJA Forum User
hey just curious i had custom steering made, and the heims seem loose. i havent gotten to drive past 15mph yet front swaybar wasnt disconnected and everything wasnt tightened to spec. anyway if i grab my draglink and trackbar they turn real easy like the heims have a lot of play. u can here it smacking on the pitman arm, and i can only imagine this will be noisey on bumps. the guy said they are rated at 60,000lbs and teflon coated. he said there fine with this much play.

My experience has been that virtually any movement indicates the joint is bad or low quality.

My QA-1 Endura joint in the RE 1600 trackbar has worn out twice over 60-80k miles of driving and wheeling. The movement is almost imperceptible but the change in steering is significant. I've been lucky that they've lasted as long as they have.

yea my buddy has them on his bronco and they dont budge by hand. and my old RE trackbar didnt budge. i know hes a good fabricator and has good credibility. ill see how it feels when its finaly on the road.

Back