• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

tubed fender flares

mikereid350

NAXJA Forum User
hey what do you think of some kinda tube and aluminin fender flares for a xj... bushwackers($700) are way too expensive, rustys' flares are too expensive. so i was gonna make my own..out of 1/8 tubing and some aluminin... maybe make them removable?? anybody done this yet?? or seen pics?? an yes i have searched...can't find anything... oh ya i live in canada and buying From the states costs me lots... let say i buy a diff locker.. price $100 bucks, plus your tax, plus shipping(if its over size weight etc..i will have to pay customs for more shipping and i have to pay our tax at 13% ... that blows....

i thought i saved pictures of a nice one from here on NAXJA,(i cant find the pics) i think it was this spring or summer, a silver 4 door. He did a real nice job on it. If you search long and hard enough it should turn up.

Im gonna be doing some tube flat fenders on my exo here really soon. It should be done in about 2 weeks or so. Ill post up picks of them when i get it done. I think theyll turn out preety sweet...
-Allen

I made some but never plated them to be an actual flare.

f3e4aadf.jpg

I was hoping someone could help me find a pic of this white cherokee on here that has tube rear fenders. He has cut alot of the rear out, running 35's on only 4.5"s of lift. Any help would be much appreciated, i have searched for the past two days on here when i had extra time.

I'm going to install tube flares as part of my current buildup. But I probably wont get to that for a while so no pictures yet.

something similar to this?
blue004-1.jpg

88poohxj said:
I was hoping someone could help me find a pic of this white cherokee on here that has tube rear fenders. He has cut alot of the rear out, running 35's on only 4.5"s of lift. Any help would be much appreciated, i have searched for the past two days on here when i had extra time.

this one?

dont really have many close ups
12.jpg

13.jpg

17.jpg

its sitting at 6" with 37's now

tech kid said:
i figured that much, i was wonderin width, shoulda specified, are those full width? or did you narrow em some?

thanks
full width, wheels have arround 5.5" back spacing,

Back