• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Full Traction LA install write up?

jerseyjeep01

NAXJA Forum User
I've been searching for a detailed install write up of the Full Traction LA kit but cant seem to find one. I've heard alot of good on this kit how it performs on and off road, but I am concered about the installation. Thanks!

jerseyjeep01 said:
I've been searching for a detailed install write up of the Full Traction LA kit but cant seem to find one. I've heard alot of good on this kit how it performs on and off road, but I am concered about the installation. Thanks!

Not really going to find one on here any more....at least with pictures. Capt. Nemo had the closest to a write up, but wasn't really a write up.

What exactally are you looking to find? I'm more than willing to help you with pictures or whatever you need to get that lift on. I'm sure other FT guys around would be willing and able to help as well.

Ditto here, and keep in mind the instructions that come with the kit aren't that great. My install took alot longer then I want to admit. If you come up with any specific questions, there are plenty of us on here with that kit, and I dont mind running outside for a measurement or other reference.

The instructions suck that are included but you can pretty much see where everything goes and lines up. I will be removing my entire front LA assembly here in about two weeks in favor for tnt's y link. The only reason for me swapping my arms is I got the y link set-up for next to nothing(my FT LA's plus $100). The FT is a very well thought out kit, best of luck and if you need any pictures i can also take some!

Thanks alot for all of your support. It makes me a little nervous being that its not a total "bolt in" kit. And I wonder how difficult it would be for a novice mechanic to do. I saw on the FT website that no welding is required. Welding is not the issue, its the messurment and location of LCA and UCA brackets. Once again thank you guys.

jerseyjeep01 said:
Thanks alot for all of your support. It makes me a little nervous being that its not a total "bolt in" kit. And I wonder how difficult it would be for a novice mechanic to do. I saw on the FT website that no welding is required. Welding is not the issue, its the messurment and location of LCA and UCA brackets. Once again thank you guys.
well they do line up with the factory crossmember locations so it is not that bad actually, ditto on the help, done a few of these kits so-far. The only welding required is the sway bar extensions I believe, just take your time.

sorry can't edit for some reason, just re-read and sorry for lack of detail. The LCA/UCA bracket should line up with the factory crossmember mounting holes, then you just put the self tappers, drill for the UCA thru bolt/sleeve, and wha-la. Good luck.

One tip, make sure the joints for the upper and lower arms actually fit in the brackets before putting the brackets on the Jeep. I found out that the paint was too thick a little too late and man it's a pain to grind down the bracket when it's installed on the Jeep.

53guy said:
One tip, make sure the joints for the upper and lower arms actually fit in the brackets before putting the brackets on the Jeep. I found out that the paint was too thick a little too late and man it's a pain to grind down the bracket when it's installed on the Jeep.
Ditto on this. My pass LCA would not fit into the bracket and had to clean it up with a angle grinder.

Back