• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

tnt customs Y-link

i just got done installing it

not sure i put a ford 8.8 in and was fairly easy if you know what to do and have the right tools...

I've got it in my red Jeep and like it a LOT. Flexes real well and rides like a dream on the highway.

I wouldn't call it easy to install though. While it is all bolt in you do have a good bit of drilling to do for the belly pan so be careful and take measurements. The instructions are spot on though so don't get too scared, I was able to do it just fine and I tend to suck at blind drilling.

I would recommend getting their frame stiffiners as well, they're not too expensive and get the job done; those do have to be welded in.

The most difficult part of the whole game is going to be adjusting the front suspension. It's mainly a painstaking process that takes some work. I recommend having a second person with you to help you muscle it around (you can do it solo though, I did). I set my wheelbase at 101.5" on the money (stock is 101.4" but my tape measure doesn't have a .4 mark :) ).

Poser Shot:

Sequoia

GSequoia said:
I've got it in my red Jeep and like it a LOT. Flexes real well and rides like a dream on the highway.

I wouldn't call it easy to install though. While it is all bolt in you do have a good bit of drilling to do for the belly pan so be careful and take measurements. The instructions are spot on though so don't get too scared, I was able to do it just fine and I tend to suck at blind drilling.

I would recommend getting their frame stiffiners as well, they're not too expensive and get the job done; those do have to be welded in.

The most difficult part of the whole game is going to be adjusting the front suspension. It's mainly a painstaking process that takes some work. I recommend having a second person with you to help you muscle it around (you can do it solo though, I did). I set my wheelbase at 101.5" on the money (stock is 101.4" but my tape measure doesn't have a .4 mark :) ).

Poser Shot:

Sequoia
Yo G,

Do you notice any excessive dive during braking? Just wondering about that. I have considered the kit in the past, but went with drop brackets instead.

Kyung

corbinafly said:
Yo G,

Do you notice any excessive dive during braking? Just wondering about that. I have considered the kit in the past, but went with drop brackets instead.

Kyung

Not that I've noticed.

I did dial it in at 101.5" wheelbase so perhaps that may help. I'm also running the TNT Customs track bar and bracket in the OEM location.

GSequoia said:
Not that I've noticed.

I did dial it in at 101.5" wheelbase so perhaps that may help. I'm also running the TNT Customs track bar and bracket in the OEM location.
I'm thinking about getting their TB bracket to replace the worn out stock unit too. Thanks.

The Y-Link system is worth every penny.
e27cfb55-1.jpg

I’ve had mine on for about 4 months and I do love it. Just spend a lot of time on your measurements and check them 2 or 3 times (better safe then sorry). And when you think your done tighten the bolts check them again. From my own experience.
And yes I do get dive when braking but I would not call it excessive.

Back