• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

10cfm @ 50psi 12v compressor

Vince

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
Anyone seen one of these for sale in the US?

Air_Compressor.jpg

http://linix.en.alibaba.com/offerdetail/55737984/Sell_12_V_DC_Air_Compressor_.html

Made in China? That gets me worried right there (and explains the weight.)

CFM and PSI are like voltage and current - increasing one will decrease the other. So, it makes sense to me - it's only got so much work it can do, so going UP on pressure will make it go DOWN on volume. It's still doing the same work - you just have a different way to apply it.

I can't think of anything offhand that will run efficiently on 10CFM @ 50psig - yet. I'm sure we're increasing the efficiency of air tools, tho...

If I were to spend a bundle on an onboard air system I'd look into a York compressor or an Oasis system.

The Oasis systems claim they can keep up with running air tools like the average compressor a guy has in his garage.

5-90 said:
Made in China? That gets me worried right there (and explains the weight.)

CFM and PSI are like voltage and current - increasing one will decrease the other. So, it makes sense to me - it's only got so much work it can do, so going UP on pressure will make it go DOWN on volume. It's still doing the same work - you just have a different way to apply it.

I can't think of anything offhand that will run efficiently on 10CFM @ 50psig - yet. I'm sure we're increasing the efficiency of air tools, tho...
50 PSI isn't the maximum pressure. If you read the specs it says 6 CFM @ 100 PSI That's pretty efficient, enough to run most air tools. And Chinese quality has come a long ways from what it used to be. It seems to be an actual compressor (not a converted A/C pump) driven by a 12 volt motor so it should probably be pretty durable. How much does it cost?--------Hans

I missed checking out the weight. I was looking more at what electric alternatives there are for a Kilby/York setup or Warn Powerplant for inflating 35" tires. Thinking now about adapting an oil-free workshop compressor to 12v.

Last edited:
The SurplusCenter compressor looks exactly the same, well spotted. If I had a pickup I might consider one but I think it's just too big and heavy to fit in the back of my XJ.

The PUMA looks like just what I'm looking for especially the price less than $200.

Hey Vinse, do a search on the Puma and see what folks say. I know there are several folks out there using it.

You may want to look at http://www.extremeoutback.com/index.cgi?exact_match=yes&product=Air Compressors&cart_id=4820861.604

I have an Oasis in my garage that I got a heck of a deal on from a guy parting out his old CJ. I live about 10 mn away from the Oasis manufacturer. I need to have it checked out then figure out how to set-it up for my XJ. I was thinking of mounting it on a winch plate that can fit into my trailer hitch...

Good Luck!

Last edited:
Back